Omitting values for Leasqr

From: aegreen
Subject: Omitting values for Leasqr
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 16:21:45 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to fit an exponential curve to data using the leasqr() function.
I can fit the data no problem. However my data has a lot of noise and our
policy is to remove data points that are outside of 2 standard deviations of
the mean of the residuals from an exponential curve that is initially fit to
the data. I have tried replacing the values with NA or NaN and it exits with
an error of "CONVERGENCE NOT ACHIEVED!" my temporary solution is to replace
the value with a local mean, however ideally I would like to omit the value
without changing the data.

Any help would be appreciated.

AG