Re: Omitting values for Leasqr

From: Freddy López
Subject: Re: Omitting values for Leasqr
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 23:03:01 -0400

Hello AG,

This situation has not a direct solution.

When you remove some data, you are changing the data's structure and it will be reflected in your fitting. In some situations (perhaps when prediction it is not neccesary) just the curve is enough. I don't know if this is your case.

On other hand, I'm nearly sure that substitute the value by Na or NaN is not a good option (are those data removed?).

A possible solution to reach convergence, is to use a bootstrapped sample. This site can be useful http://www.maths.lth.se/matstat/stixbox/Contents.html.

Cheers.