Re: order of singular values

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: order of singular values
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 01:29:19 -0500

On 10 May 2011 23:39, nuncio m <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear users,
>         I am quite confused about the order in which the function writes the
> letf and right singular values from the function
> [u,s,v]=svd(x).  Will it be in the same order as that of x

I don't understand this question. Singular values aren't left or
right; singular vectors are. Singular values are ordered by their
size, from largest to smallest. The x matrix doesn't have singular
values in any particular order; the s diagonal matrix does, from
largest to smallest.

Does this answer your question, even if I didn't understand it?

- Jordi G. H.