Re: Color By Frequency

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: Color By Frequency
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 06:40:36 +0000

On 28 December 2011 00:42, Mech.Mon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to convert frequency values to colors. For example I know the
> color blue is around 610-670 THz, with 610 THz being closer to the green
> side and 670 THz closer to the violet side. What I would like to show would
> be the "exact" color of say 635 THz.
>
> Is there some kind of color frequency to hex converter available?
>
> The colors do not really matter to me, but it seems 92% of the population
> think colors matter.
>
> Regards,
> Mon

Not really an Octave question. However, I was interested: googling
"wavelength to RGB" turned up
http://www.uvm.edu/~kspartal/Physlets/Lecturedemo/LambdaToRGB.html
http://www.physics.sfasu.edu/astro/color/spectra.html

I leave frequency to wavelength conversion as an exercise for the reader.

--
/* andy buckle */