help_install octave

From: yashar mehmani
Subject: help_install octave
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 02:38:29 -0600

Hi,
Can somebody please tell me the simplest way of installing Octave 3.4 in Ubuntu 11.10? I'm new to Linux and I have read sooo many documents online and they just confused me and some of them didn't work. I just want to get Octave installed and running so I can run my matlab files on it.
Thanks so much for your hel/responses in advance,
Yashar

--
Yashar Mehmani
Dept. of Petroleum & Geosystems Engineering