Re: problems with packages on two separate Macs

From: AdHoff
Subject: Re: problems with packages on two separate Macs
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 08:34:16 -0800 (PST)

Lukas, thanks so much for the quick response. I just tried going directly
from the server...

octave-3.4.0:1> pkg install -forge struct
sh: make: command not found
'make' returned the following error:
error: called from `pkg>configure_make' in file
/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/share/octave/3.4.0/m/pkg/pkg.m
near line 1337, column 9
error: called from:
error:
/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/share/octave/3.4.0/m/pkg/pkg.m
at line 783, column 5
error:
/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/share/octave/3.4.0/m/pkg/pkg.m
at line 354, column 9

Same problem. I don't have XCode (I'm guessing this all means I have to) -
basically because I didn't want to pay the $99 unless it was unavoidable. Do
I need to suck it up and pay for an Apple Developer account?