Re: compiling SuiteSparse

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: compiling SuiteSparse
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 12:59:02 -0400

On 05/29/2012 11:35 AM, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

I myself both a "non-profit institution" and "other organization"
which (constantly) evaluates the SW for educational purposes. I.e. I
am using Octave to educate myself.

The license itself does not limit evaluation duration, and from time
to time I switch to newer versions, so the evaluation period is
significantly shorter than my life.

To me, 'evaluation' means

- a finite period of time where one ..
- systematically tries different features of a product, to ..
- determine whether such product is suitable for long-term use...
- and if so, make different arrangements for a such use.

Your method of evaluation doesn't seem to involve those steps. I am NOT raising that as an issue; it's entirely your business and I have no say in it. My point is that these problems, in my opinion, are caused by the strange and impractical METIS license. The GNU license causes no such problems, and that's why I prefer it greatly. I hope you might take another look at it and like it better.