Re: No "square" plotting in 3d any more?!

From: Benjamin Abbott
Subject: Re: No "square" plotting in 3d any more?!
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 08:17:38 -0500

On Dec 11, 2012, at 7:54 AM, address@hidden wrote:

On 11/12/12 13:46:42, address@hidden wrote:
Dear Ben,

On 11/12/12 07:06:23, Ben Abbott wrote:
Please run this script ...

I   tried  to set plotboxaspectratio at various places but the output file‐
name
suggests that when printing plotboxaspectratio is  reset.   Any   idea   why
that
could be?

I found the problem. If I comment out
axis ([0,1,0,1,0,1], "equal");
it works as expected. Is this behavior intended?

Yes, that is intended.  It isn't possible to specify the axis limits, the plotboxaspectratio, and the dataaspectratio, at the same time.  I don't think Octave's docs discuss this point.  There is a discussion at the link below (about 1/3 down the page).

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/axes_props.html;jsessionid=a17f9498f4066547dedb8f62351d

Ben