Re: post-moderating this list

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: post-moderating this list
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 07:46:10 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message -----

Your proposal is _very_ consistent with authoritarian guru-controlled
structures behavior. From the link I recently posted:

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-11-29/ayn-rand-was-not-libertarian :

"
In a development eerily reminiscent of the organized hatred directed
against the arch-heretic Emanuel Goldstein in Orwell’s 1984, Rand cultists were
required to sign a loyalty oath to Rand; essential to the loyalty oath was a
declaration that the signer would henceforthnever read any future works of the
apostate and arch-heretic Branden [Rand's number 2]. After the split, any Rand
cultist seen carrying a
book or writing by Branden was promptly excommunicated.
"

- the "excommunicated" is/means banned.

And from http://freedomofmind.com/Info/infoDet.php?id=250 :

"
People whose power is based on the surrender of others
develop a repertoire of techniques for deflecting and undermining
anything that questions or challenges their status, behavior,
or beliefs. They ridicule or try to confuse people who ask challenging
questions.” (p.66)
"

- yes, the status and _behavior_ (e.g. a burst of GPL propaganda instead of
addressing the real problems) _is_ challenged, and you _react_ to this
challenge.

I have a much more general and far going proposal.

I suggest to intensify work on GPL4, and the very first freedom granted by the
license should be the obligation of GPL4 SW users to send to FSF and GNU a
notary signed pledge of allegiance in support of FSF/GNU/GPL cause.

GPL4 should also grant unlimited discretionary irrevocable freedom to list
owners to decide who violates the pledge of allegiance.

Regards,
  Sergei.