Re: start Octave from Matlab

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: start Octave from Matlab
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 08:30:30 -0400

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 14:23:08 +0200, Timo wrote:
> thanks for the fast reply. I have tried your solution as follows but do
> not have success:
>     cmd = 'octave';
>     pre = ['$PATH=',getenv('PATH'),';'];
>     [status, output] = system (sprintf ('%s %s', pre, cmd))
>
> From the error I understand (same as previously), it seems octave is
> trying to use some libraries from the Matlab folder
> "/usr/local/MATLAB/MATLAB_Production_Server/R2013a/sys/os/glnxa64/".
> This folder is not in the path environment of Matlab, which I guess does
> anyway not have anything to do with the path environment that the system
> command uses.
>
> However, by doing as indicated above, my path environment is set up the
> same way as if I start octave from the terminal.

Did you compare the full environments as Ben suggested to see what
variables are different other than PATH? My money is on
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

You're also not setting PATH correctly, nor sanitizing it as
suggested, you're just trying to propagate the value that PATH already
has inside of Matlab, which is the default behavior for starting a new
process.

--
mike