Re: GUI - start?

From: jkr
Subject: Re: GUI - start?
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 21:39:34 -0800 (PST)

I had this working just two days ago.  I didn't try to use it yesterday.
Today there was a Mac OS X update to Command Line Tools and another to X
Code.  Now, the gui won't start.  Entering:

/sw/bin/octave-3.8.2 --force-gui

results in only a command line interface.  The title bar says:
"octave-cli-3.8.2".

I can find both octave-3.8.2 and octave-cli-3.8.2 in /sw/bin - they are not
the same thing, and neither has changed in the last two days.

I don't know of anything that I have changed that should have affected this
installation.

1. What could possibly have gone wrong?
2. How can I justify spending another minute on getting this balky thing to
work?