Octave+Symbolic (Windows8)

From: Novak Philipp
Subject: Octave+Symbolic (Windows8)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 15:27:58 +0000

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am using Windows 8 and I would like to install the symbolic-package. After installing the latest Python 2.7.11 and Sympy 0.7.6.1, I have installed Octave 4.0.0.

I also made sure that the environmental variables are correctly specified, so that Octave knows the path of Python (Path and PYTHONPATH). When I install the symbolic-package from the forge, I get an error message: “warning: creating new directory...” Nevertheless the symbolic-package works fine.

The problem is that after exiting, restarting Octave (and reloading the package), the symbolic-package does not work anymore. I get a lot of error messages with stars.

How do I fix this problem?

With kind regards,

Philipp Novak