Re: Octave+Symbolic (Windows8)

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Octave+Symbolic (Windows8)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 11:33:53 -0800 (PST)

Novak Philipp wrote
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>

> I am using Windows 8 and I would like to install the symbolic-package.
> After installing the latest Python 2.7.11 and Sympy 0.7.6.1, I have
> installed Octave 4.0.0.
>
> I also made sure that the environmental variables are correctly specified,
> so that Octave knows the path of Python (Path and PYTHONPATH). When I
> install the symbolic-package from the forge, I get an error message:
> "warning: creating new directory..." Nevertheless the symbolic-package
> works fine.
>
> The problem is that after exiting, restarting Octave (and reloading the
> package), the symbolic-package does not work anymore. I get a lot of error
> messages with stars.
>
> How do I fix this problem?

Did you install the symbolic package using "pkg -forge install symbolic" ?

Rather, try to install   symbolic-win-py-bundle-2.2.4.zip   from
https://github.com/cbm755/octsympy/releases  (first do "pkg uninstall
symbolic")

This has all the required dependencies for the Octave-Forge symbolic package
on Windows included so you shouldn't have had to setup Python yourself.

Philip