Octave 3.8.1 print to file problem

From: Michael Auinger
Subject: Octave 3.8.1 print to file problem
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 09:38:13 +0200

Hi all,

Sorry for this (maybe) naive question, but I have a problem when using the print command to get a file (jpg, eps, png, pdf,...)

Using the script:
==========================
clf;
graphics_toolkit('gnuplot');
colormap('default');
contourf(sombrero(),'linestyle','none');
print -djpg -color 'test.jpg';

shows the on-screen output without contour lines, but when opening the saved file, the lines are still there.
No change with using "saveas" instead or switching the graphics_toolkit to "fltk"

Am I forgetting something or is it due to a problem with the graphics card (nVidia, v304.131) / Octave (v3.8.1) / GNUplot (gnuplot4.6 patchlevel 4) / Ubuntu 14.04 (64bit)?
Problem exists for both Qt and GNU version of Octave...

Thank you very much in advance!
Michael