Re: Octave 3.8.1 print to file problem

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: Octave 3.8.1 print to file problem
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 11:28:05 -0700 (PDT)

Michael Auinger wrote
> ==========================
>
> clf;
> graphics_toolkit('gnuplot');
> colormap('default');
> contourf(sombrero(),'linestyle','none');
> print -djpg -color 'test.jpg';
>
> ==========================
> [...]
> Am I forgetting something or is it due to a problem with the graphics card
> (nVidia, v304.131) / Octave (v3.8.1) / GNUplot (gnuplot4.6 patchlevel 4) /
> Ubuntu 14.04 (64bit)?
> Problem exists for both Qt and GNU version of Octave...

No, your code is correct. It should give you a file "test.jpg" in the
current working directory. Maybe there is something wrong with your Octave
installation. I suggest that you update Octave to a more recent version
(>=4.0.0). You can get it for Ubuntu for example from here:

https://launchpad.net/~octave/+archive/ubuntu/stable

Sebastian