help-rcs

Re: change ci/rlog, etc to accept '@' as part of symbol

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: change ci/rlog, etc to accept '@' as part of symbol
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 14:26:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Sam Detweiler wrote:

> The issue is whether my email address,
> address@hidden, or  address@hidden is a valid 'author' string.
>
> I claim it is.

I agree it probably should be, but unfortunately it's not.

What's great about RCS is that it's stable and portable, and perfect for
writing software dependent on it (witness the wave of Wikis that use it).
Having your "system" require a patched distribution of RCS will not make
it portable.

/a

--
Consider supporting GNU Software and the Free Software Foundation
By Buying Stuff - http://www.gnu.org/gear/