help-rcs

RE: DFS Permissions problem

From: Derek Winkler
Subject: RE: DFS Permissions problem
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 11:15:45 -0400

I would possibly think the same except it works under one username/group
but not another:

> kinfo

Identity Expiration: Fri Jun  3 10:48:53 2005

Realm:          /.../umiacs.umd.edu
Identity:       wink
Primary Group:  wink

Groups:         wink
                staff
> cd /dfs/umaint/stow/UMno/libdata/
> co -l portlist
RCS/portlist,v  -->  portlist
revision 1.1176 (locked)
done
> ci -u portlist
RCS/portlist,v  <--  portlist
file is unchanged; reverting to previous revision 1.1176
done

ananke.umiacs.umd.edu# kinfo

Identity Expiration: Sat May 28 08:48:28 2005

Realm:          /.../umiacs.umd.edu
Identity:       hosts/ananke.umiacs.umd.edu/self
Primary Group:  none

Groups:         none
                subsys/dce/dts-servers
ananke.umiacs.umd.edu# cd /dfs/umaint/stow/UMno/libdata
ananke.umiacs.umd.edu# co -l portlist
RCS/portlist,v  -->  portlist
co: portlist: permission denied on parent directory
ananke.umiacs.umd.edu#

user:hosts/ananke.umiacs.umd.edu/self *and* group:subsys/dce/dts-servers
have the same acl permissions as group:staff on
/dfs/umaint/stow/UMno/libdata, /dfs/umaint/stow/UMno/libdata/portlist,
/dfs/umaint/stow/UMno/libdata/RCS, and
/dfs/umaint/stow/UMno/libdata/portlist,v

--Derek