help-rcs

Re: Help required in executing a shell script to check out files from RC

From: Aaron Hawley
Subject: Re: Help required in executing a shell script to check out files from RCS to a local directory
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 11:25:42 -0400

On 9/13/07, Kalyan rangabhatala <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to checkout files from RCS on to my local machine and then create a
> tar file for all extracted files.

OK, easy enough.

$ mkdir extract
$ cd extract
$ ln -s ../RCS
$ co RCS/*,v
$ rm RCS
$ cd ..
$ tar cf extract.tar extract

> For this i have two shell scripts. In the
> first I have included all the check out commands for the files I want to
> check out. In the other shell script i am specifying the folder on my local
> drive and calling the previous shell script. Now how can I link the folders
> on RCS to my home directory on the local machine?

To make your RCS files available between machines you either need a
network file system or use a file transfer protocol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_file_system
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_file_transfer_protocols

--
Modern man suffers from a kind of poverty of the spirit which
stands in glaring contrast to his scientific and technological