help-rcs

Permissions in $RCSHOME

From: Cannon, Alastair, VF UK, Partner
Subject: Permissions in $RCSHOME
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:25:25 +0100

I am not too familiar with RCS and its way of working. My questions are...

Should the ,v files in the repository all be owned by the same (possibly admin??) account/uid?
Should they all have a particular permission set on them - say r--r--r--?
Is there a definite disadvantage to having many different permissions/ownerships of the dirs/,v files in the repository. I am thinking about both data integrity *and* security.

Any advice/guidance would be very welcome.

Best regards

Alastair

Alastair Cannon

Tel: 07792798092