shisa API for setting password in plaintext

From: Elrond
Subject: shisa API for setting password in plaintext
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 23:24:06 +0100

[Simon asked me to post here]

Hi Simon and everybody else,

I'm currently considering to integrate shisa with
Samba-TNG.
So that kerberos passwords get sync'd, when people change
their windows password, and to get the windows passwords
from the kerberos db ("arcfour" are windows style).

What I'm missing for the first task mostly is some API in
libshisa, that accepts (realm, principal, password-in-utf8)
and sets the password.

I guess, the API will be needed by kpasswdd once anyway?
And shisa (cmdline tool) could use it instead of doing it
by hand.

The next important question, when that API (will) exist,
is:
How can I force "arcfour" from the app layer into that api?
Or am I supposed just to add/replace that specific etype by
hand?

    Elrond