Re: Debian package issues

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Debian package issues
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:13:03 -0800

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:
> Russ Allbery <address@hidden> writes:
>> Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

>>> 3) Shishi 0.0.23 is still not released.  When some of you have
>>>    confirmed that you are able to build the package, and doesn't spot
>>>    any problems, I'll release it and we can produce official Debian
>>>    packages.

>> I'll try to give this a shot later today.

Builds fine on AMD64, but I can't get it to work with our realm.  I get
the following errors:

~> shishi rra
libshishi: info: created `/home/eagle/.shishi/shishi.conf'
libshishi: warning: /home/eagle/.shishi/tickets: No such file or directory
libshishi: warning: Unknown option: `.stanford.edu'
Error code from server:
Additional pre-authenticationrequired [40]
Additional error message from server:
NEEDED_PREAUTH
shishi: Could not get ticket as `rra' for `krbtgt/stanford.edu'.

I customized /etc/shishi/shishi.conf as follows:

/etc/shishi# egrep -v '^\#|^$' shishi.conf
default-realm=stanford.edu
client-kdc-etypes=des-cbc-crc
realm-kdc=stanford.edu,krb5auth1.stanford.edu,krb5auth2.stanford.edu,krb5auth3.stanford.edu
server-realm=stanford.edu,.stanford.edu
stringprocess=UTF-8

Yeah, we have crappy enctypes; fixing that next week.  Yes, our realm name
is in lowercase.

Am I missing something obvious?  shishi address@hidden produces the same
errors.  The "Unknown option" error there is particularly mystifying to
me.  It's clearly complaining about the server-realm setting, but I'm just
following the example.  (And note the missing space in the pre-auth
error.)

If Shishi just doesn't implement pre-auth first, then that may be all the
issue is and the rest may just be cosmetic.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>