Re: Dependency problem?

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Dependency problem?
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:35:17 -0700

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

> Why doesn't the shishi package automatically depend on libshishi?

> address@hidden:~/src/shishi$ apt-cache show shishi|grep Depend
> Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.6-6)
> address@hidden:~/src/shishi$

> I thought the control file line

> Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}

> would have taken care of that.

Uh, hm.  In order for dh_shlibdeps to pick this up automatically, since
the library package is built as part of the same source package, it needs
to have a line like:

    dh_shlibdeps -L libshishi0 -l$(CURDIR)/debian/libshishi0/usr/lib

to point it to the uninstalled shared libraries.  However, this package is
using cdbs, with which I'm not as familiar, so I don't know whether it's
supposed to be doing this magic on its own or requires kicking in some
fashion.

I will go poke at the cdbs documentation and see if I can figure it out.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>