Re: Detecting shishi from autoconf

From: Elrond
Subject: Re: Detecting shishi from autoconf
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 12:59:13 +0200

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 12:37:11PM +0200, Elrond wrote:
[...]
> > I've been using Bruno's lib-*.m4 macros for a while in several
> > projects now, and they appear to work fine.  I hope they will become
> > part of autoconf eventually.
>
> Okay, I'll look at that then.

I've played with that a bit (using readline as a target
library), and the bad news about that one is: It does not
consider the dependency libraries "optional".

So for example doing something like
        AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS(readline, [curses tinfo termcap])
is a bad idea.
(There two basic possibilities:
 1) -lreadline is enough (on most modern shared library
    systems)
 2) Any one of the additional libraries is needed.
)

If just boinks out with "tinfo not found".

I know, it's not your fault, just wanted to let someone
know about the traps available.

I'll probably stick with pkg-config for a few months first.

    Elrond