Re: Debian, OpenSSH, GSSAPI

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Debian, OpenSSH, GSSAPI
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 11:22:27 +0200

Oliver Schmidt <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm  currently  experimenting with Shishi and tried to authenticate to
> an  OpenSSH server via Shishi and GSSAPI. I'm not using Gnu SASL, so I
> didn't  expect  it  to  work  out but I wanted to see how far it would
> work.
>
> At  first, I missed creating a keytab file. But when I had created it,
> I could see in the errors from OpenSSH that it must have recognized it
> somehow.  Otherwise,  I  didn't  expect that reading the Shishi keytab
> would work...

Hi and welcome!

> Are Shishi keytabs already supported in Debian Linux?

Only indirectly -- you need to run 'keytab2shishi' manually to convert
MIT/Heimdal ticket files to Shishi files.  Adding the support to Shishi
to read keytabs/ccache files automatically shouldn't be too difficult,
but I have never gotten around to do it.

(GNU SASL shouldn't be necessary to get OpenSSH to work.)

/Simon