Re: Tickets with instance names.

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Tickets with instance names.
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 23:03:54 +0200

Mats Erik Andersson <address@hidden> writes:

> The following crude patch allows the exchange to proceed further.
> Now the procedure get as far as halting on failed HMAC verification.
> More investigation is needed.

I could confirm this -- there were two different problems:

1) The parsing bug that we fixed.

2) Shisa doesn't derive the salt for foo/address@hidden principals correctly,
   it should be "bazfoobar" but it will use "bazfoo/bar" instead.  The
   bug is in shishi_derive_default_salt.

As a workaround, when adding the user/admin user, specify the --salt
parameter, like this:

shisa -a --password  --salt interop.josefsson.orguseradmin
interop.josefsson.org user/admin

then it should work.  Use -n instead of -a to update the key.

I'll look at the shishi_derive_default_salt bug tomorrow.

/Simon