Re: Server-realm configuration stanzas.

From: Mats Erik Andersson
Subject: Re: Server-realm configuration stanzas.
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 10:09:17 +0200

In order to enhance my credibility, let me produce
a test case for getsubopt() that illuminates the
failure of the present implementation of shishi_cfg().

The test program "test_subopt.c", contained in the present
message, produces the following output at execution time.

 GNU libc, OpenSolaris:

    INPUT: name=this,that,those

    NAME: value = 'this', tail = 'that,those'
    default: value = 'that', tail = 'those'
    default: value = 'those', tail = ''

 FreeBSD 8.2, FreeBSD 9.0, OpenBSD 5.0, NetBSD 5.1, DragonflyBSD 3.1:

    INPUT: name=this,that,those

    NAME: value = 'this', tail = 'that,those'
    default: value = '(null)', tail = 'those'
    default: value = '(null)', tail = ''

A common feature in the BSD implementation is to empty VALUE in

  getsubopt(&tail, token, &value);

in case an unrecognised suboption is found. The implementations
in eglibc and in SunOS libc do not behave that way.

Best regards,

  Mats Erik Andersson