Server-realm configuration stanzas.

From: Mats Erik Andersson
Subject: Server-realm configuration stanzas.
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 23:23:36 +0200

Dear all,

I would like to propose a patch that activates
the configuration stanzas "server-realm". i.e.,
what MIT Kerberos and Heimdal call "domain_realm".

The submitted patch works very well in Gnu Inetutils
for the TELNET client and the r-commands.

Looking at MIT Kerberos or Heimdal, it is incorrect
to use the notion "regex". Instead I suggest "pattern".
The reason is that

   [domain_realm]
      localhost = LOCALHOST
      .ex.org = EX.ORG

is only allowing exact host names, or trailing domain
strings. In fact, the above two stanzas would only match
"localhost" and "*.ex.org", where the asterisk matches
essentially only an alphanumeric string.

My patch deviates from this, in shishi_realm_for_server_file(),
insofar as allowing ".ex.org" to be a domain name tail, i.e.,
it matches "*.ex.org", "*.*.ex.org", etcetera. It is a simple
matter to remove this extra freedom.

There is also a vital change in shishi_cfg() that reads

    realm = xstrdup (value);
    ri = _shishi_realminfo_new (handle, realm);

Without these two the present code produces a segfault in
shishi_done(), since it would free "value" in statically
allocated memory.

Best regards,

  Mats Erik Andersson