help-smalltalk

[Help-smalltalk] 1.96 news

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] 1.96 news
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 11:23:34 +0200 (CEST)

As Simon noted, 1.96 deprecated the init blocks mechanism, which has been
superseded by ObjectMemory events, broadcast via #update: directly by the
VM.  Only a limited set of events is available now, but they do cover most
usages and will be extended in the future.

Doing `self update: nil' is not enough, because you must pass the event;
IIRC the correct one is #returnFromSnapshot (I don't have the code nor
the docs at hand -- it is in the info file).

BTW, the regex interface is now definitive (you were interested in it).

And also by the way, any GTK+ guru out there knows how can I run the
gtk_main_loop in parallel with the VM???

--