help-smalltalk

[Help-smalltalk] smalltalk-2.2 build for Mac OSX 10.4.4

From: Yamamoto Jiro
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] smalltalk-2.2 build for Mac OSX 10.4.4
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:58:32 +0900

Hello all,

I built smalltalk-2.2 under Mac OSX 10.4.4 with the following options;

%
sudo ./configure --with-tcl=/usr/lib --with-tk=/usr/lib --enable-jit
--enable-dis
assembler --enable-peremption
% sudo make

The make finished successfully except that adding readline feature
failed. The tck/tk libraries used for this link process are those for
Tcl/Tk Aqua (not for Tcl/Tk X11). So you can enjoy some native widgets
PLUS beautiful anti-alias font. To adapt this gst image onto a standard
Mac display, some modifications are required in methods on a blox layer
and others classes. Here is my setup for that

        <http://bagdad-cafe.homedns.org/myblog/article.php?id=76>

Many thanks for Paolo, and all the contributors to gst!!!

Regards,
Jiro JQ2LMG