help-smalltalk

[Help-smalltalk] Re: New syntax and the BLOX browser

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: New syntax and the BLOX browser
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 16:21:20 -0500

Diego Fernandez wrote:
It's intentional or it's a bug? Can I help to change this?

It's intentional in the sense that source code in string form for methods should now have those brackets. The browser currently just shows whatever the source code property is, and compiles it directly using the standard methods.

I believe the place to make changes of the kind you desire is directly in the Browser. If you want to work on a patch to the Browser for this, it would be welcome. You should first apply the patch in http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-smalltalk/2007-10/msg00051.html, which alters source code semantics and is likely to be applied soon to devo.

I cannot tell you much else about the Browser implementation, but I think the GSTParser and the positioning information that RBProgramNodes provide would be useful in implementing this. Feel free to join us (http://smalltalk.gnu.org/wiki/irc) if you'd like to chat about it.

--
;;; Stephen Compall ** http://scompall.nocandysw.com/blog **
"Peta" is Greek for fifth; a petabyte is 10 to the fifth power, as