help-source-highlight

Re: Fwd: [Help-source-highlight] source-highlight on solaris?

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Help-source-highlight] source-highlight on solaris?
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:19:41 +0200

On 04/21/2010 10:34 AM, Stefan Palm wrote:
Resending as this mail obviously got lost:

Hi Stefan

is the Sparc compiler a recent one?

Yes, it's most recent one (SunStudio 12.1)

as for the gcc compiler, which version is it?
However this one seems to be related to a symbol not found in the boost
library... it looks like the boost headers do not correspond to the
boost library... do you have more than one version of boost library
installed?

gcc is 3.4.3 (the version shipped with solaris10) and I can reproduce this with a
"home-made" gcc 4.4.1.
Regarding libboost I've only one version (1.42.0) installed. This libboost has been build
with the Sun compiler (when building libboost with gcc the source-highlight configure
script complains about missing "exit" functions and quits).

You can find a copy of the "config.log" (for the gcc build) here:
http://www.pdmc.net/transfer/config.log

mh... so you built libboost with the sun compiler and trying to link that library using gcc? Does the sun compiler produce binary code which is compatible with gcc?

what do you mean by "home made"?

cheers
        Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net