help-source-highlight

Re: [Help-source-highlight] compiling in build?

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] compiling in build?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 23:42:12 +0100

Il 11/12/2011 23:04, Lorenzo Bettini ha scritto:
Ciao Federico

usually, shadow builds are the recommended way to compile sources, so I
didn't mention it in the documentation, but you're right about it :)
please file a ticket at

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=src-highlite

I can only search. How can I file a ticket? (I'm logged in)
I'm feeling stupid, but really I can't understand how to do it.

Also, I always wonder - it happens in other free software projects - why filing a ticket for anything, even such simple tasks.

in particular, if you've already built it in the same directory, and you
want to provider an improved .gitignore, please do so.

Mmmh, I think that using the build/ directory is the easier way.
I've made a try (see files attached), but I'm afraid that some lines are not easy to maintain (.texidoc and .h files).

I'm not a developer... no awareness at all! :-)

Cheers,
Federico