[help-texinfo] Problems with makeinfo --xml and nco.texi

From: Charlie Zender
Subject: [help-texinfo] Problems with makeinfo --xml and nco.texi
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:42:30 -0700

Hi,

I have posted a few times on this list, most recently in February,
about problems that caused makeinfo to refuse to produce valid xml
files from

http://nco.sf.net/nco.texi

with the makeinfo command

makeinfo --xml --no-split --output=nco.xml nco.texi

on my Debian Sid system.
makeinfo still does not convert this document to XML correctly for me.
As far as I know, nco.texi is completely standards-compliant texinfo.
Currently, the first error encountered with the XML translation is

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Location: file:///home/zender/nco/doc/nco.xml
Line Number 7, Column 40: <setvalue name="copyright-years">1995&ndash;2004</setvalue>
---------------------------------------^

This is using
address@hidden:~/nco/doc$ makeinfo --version
makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 4.7

Since makeinfo --xml has never translated nco.texi correctly,
I am wondering whether it would make sense to add nco.texi to
your suite of makeinfo tests, if it exists.
Just a suggestion, I know you are volunteers whose time is limited.

Thanks,
Charlie
--

Charlie Zender, address@hidden, (949) 824-2987, Department of Earth System Science, University of California, Irvine CA 92697-3100