[help-texinfo] producing index with texi2dvi

From: Graham Percival
Subject: [help-texinfo] producing index with texi2dvi
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 12:03:12 -0700

Sorry for another question -- especially since I think I'm doing something particularly stupid. I can't figure out how to produce an index in texi2dvi. My example file (below) looks great in html (makeinfo --html) and produces no error messages in plain makeinfo. However, texi2dvi produces

-----
Chapter 1 [1
@xrdef{Top-pg}{1}
]
@xrdef{chapter one-title}{chapter one}
@xrdef{chapter address@hidden 1}
/Users/gperciva/tmp/index.texinfo:22: Undefined control sequence.
@cindex ->@cpindex

l.22 @cindex
             concept, general
?