Re: [help-texinfo] producing index with texi2dvi

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] producing index with texi2dvi
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:51:08 -0500

Hi Graham,

    especially since I think I'm doing
    something particularly stupid.

Unfortunately, it's nothing so easy :) or do I mean :(.

    /Users/gperciva/tmp/index.texinfo:22: Undefined control sequence.

Well, that particular bug is caused by the lack of a @setfilename.
(TeX won't operate right without it, I use that to trigger
initializations of the output files.)

But when I insert
@setfilename foo
at the top, I get an "emergency stop".  The reason is not immediately
apparent to me, but it is related to (not surprisingly) the use of the
@macro.  I'll have to look at that when I have a chance, if Stepan or
anyone does not have time first.  (Hint, hint.)

However, perhaps you can get around this by using texi2dvi -E (so
makeinfo does the @macro expansions).  It worked for me on a simplified
version of your test.  Let me know ...

Cheers,
karl