Re: [help-texinfo] kdvi-search and src-specials in texinfo?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] kdvi-search and src-specials in texinfo?
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 13:03:07 -0500

Hi Charlie,

    Is this supposed to work with the texinfo toolkit?

Unfortunately I've never heard of kdvi-search before, and I have only a
vague notion of what --src-specials does.  The texinfo.tex macros don't
do anything in particular for it, which maybe they need to.  I just
don't know.

My only real idea is that you could run dvitype on your dvi file to see
if the specials are really in there (the text of all specials should
show up, I assume it will be obvious).  That is, perhaps the option
isn't really getting passed to TeX.

I also wonder if all the stuff in Emacs texinfo-mode is somehow
interfering.  I doubt texinfo-mode has any knowledge of src-specials
either, although I haven't explicitly checked.

Sorry, not much help.  Maybe others know more ...

karl