Re: [help-texinfo] Re: backticks in verbatim code snippets

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Re: backticks in verbatim code snippets
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 17:13:41 -0500

    I don't see anything about codequoteundirected in the online texinfo

Well, it postdates the 4.8 release.  I see I didn't add anything about
it to the manual even in the dev sources, though, so I'll do something
about that :).

    docs. Does it only leave an undirected single quote as-is inside @code
    and @verbatim environments?

Yes.

    backticks to stay backticks.

I'll work on adding an analogous option so you can get that.

    code snippets in printed docs will look exactly like they
    would typed into a text editor

Not mine :).  (But never mind, I know where you're coming from.)

Cheers,