Re: [help-texinfo] Hyperlinks in Texinfo

From: Andreas Falkenhahn
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Hyperlinks in Texinfo
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 23:09:46 +0100

On 26.11.2011 at 09:31 Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 23:54:28 +0100
>> From: "Andreas Falkenhahn" <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden
>>
>> On 25.11.2011 at 22:50 address@hidden wrote:
>>
>> >is it possible to create hyperlinks in Texinfo?
>> >
>> >@url{http://whatever, here}
>> >
>> >http://www.gnu.org/s/hello/manual/texinfo/uref.html
>>
>> Thanks, but I don't want to jump to an Internet site but just to another
>> node inside the document. Is that possible too?
>
>Read about the @xref family of directives in the Texinfo manual.

I did but AFAICS this will always generate a "See..." prefix for the
reference. Of course, there's @ref but this will also generate some
additional output like Section XX, Page YY, which I don't want. What
I'd like to have is that a single term can be defined as a link, e.g. like
the following: (pseudo texi following)

Click @definelink{this link,mynode1234} to jump to mynode1234.

This should generate the following text:

Click this link to jump to mynode1234.

And the term "this link" should be a hyperlink that, when clicked,
jumps to @node mynode1234. Of course, this doesn't make sense
in printed output, but for PDF or HTML output it could be quite
useful. Is it possible to do this or will I always get the full links
with Section X.X Page Y etc.?

Andreas