Re: [help-texinfo] Consecutive spaces in node titles?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Consecutive spaces in node titles?
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 23:02:21 GMT

    that means that one cannot have a different spacing on menu entry
    and @node line which I think should be ok.

I don't see the logic in allowing different spacings in a node name on a
menu line and on a node line.  To me, it makes the most sense to
"canonicalize" a node name wrt spaces once and for all and output it the
same way in all places (xref constructs too).

    I could try to have this warning removed when the 2 expansions only
    differ in the spaces, as Info rightly do not care about the number
    of spaces.

If that's what you prefer, I don't feel strongly about it.

I'll look at the TeX things as soon as I can.