Re: [help-texinfo] Translation files in texinfo format

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Translation files in texinfo format
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 23:14:33 GMT

Hi Bastien - I don't know of any easier or more "standard" way to do
translations of Texinfo documents than to simply translate it as a
document, creating pspp-es.texi (or whatever).  And then do the usual
three-way diff when the English version is updated.

Perhaps it would be possible to somehow "import" a Texinfo manual into
gettext (paragraph by paragraph?) to ease handling of updates, but I
have no idea how to do so; address@hidden would be the place to get
ideas along those lines, I think.  (Unless someone else here chimes in.)

Best,
Karl