help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] Creation of bin/cue files from a cd?

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] Creation of bin/cue files from a cd?
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:18:37 +0100 (CET)

ok, I'll try to be more verbose on the conversion needed from cdrdao's toc
file format, to a .cue file format... :-)

.toc files (for VCDs) look like:

CD_ROM_XA
TRACK MODE2_RAW
DATAFILE "videocd_1" 00:16:00
TRACK MODE2_RAW
DATAFILE "videocd_2" 48:20:10
TRACK MODE2_RAW
DATAFILE "videocd_3" 00:14:20

(cdrdao 1.1.4 was used with --read-raw in this case... if you don't use
that, you get 2336 blocks instead of 2352 ones... should work too, but
you must use MODE2/2336 instead of /2352 in the .cue file...)

the bin file has been split into to data files, which would just have to
be joined again (e.g. by cat(1)...

then you'd just to calculate the cummulated index positions (they are
in mm:ss:ff format, as expected...)

the converted .cue file would look like this (assuming a
$ cat videocd_{1,2,3} > videocd.bin
had been issued)

FILE "videocd.bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:16:00
  TRACK 03 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 48:36:10

that's it...

a .pl oder bash/gawk script to do those steps (cat'ing and converting) in
one command would be quite easy...

but as a longterm solution cdrdao should be enhanced by this quite simple
additional output format for images... cause that'd the right way IMHO...