help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] unsolved bits from psd.vcd

From: Matto Marjanovic
Subject: [VCDImager] unsolved bits from psd.vcd
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 13:45:53 -0400

I think I've mostly figured out what how 'psd.vcd' works; thanks for
 the pointer to the well-commented code.  Here are a few things that
 have escaped me (coincidentally, uncommented elements :):

 o In PsdSelectionListDescriptor, what are "bsn" and "loop"?
   I imagine "nos" is the 'number-of-selections' in the variable length
    array at the end of the structure.  True?
 o I presume the extra selections are for numeric menu items; is there
    a limit to the number?  (99?)
 o The "prev", "next", and "return" offsets are for the corresponding
    buttons.  What about "default"?
 o Is it the case that the PsdSelectionListDescriptorExtended section
    is an extra part found only in "ext/psd_x.vcd"?  (And, since this
    changes the sizes/offsets, it requires an associated "ext/lot_x.vcd"?)

Have you written any code/notes for "vcdimager++" yet?  I can see how C++
 objects would really help in coding stuff like menu lists.  Same with the
 XML description.  (Oh, yeah, the web cvs browser gave a "500 Server Error"
 when I tried to descend into 'vcdimager++'.)

(If this chit-chat is inappropriate (or just dull) for the the whole mailing
 list, please tell me and I will just send it to hvr directly...)

-matt m.