help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] unsolved bits from psd.vcd

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] unsolved bits from psd.vcd
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 21:46:31 +0200 (CEST)

hello,

On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Matto Marjanovic wrote:
> I think I've mostly figured out what how 'psd.vcd' works; thanks for
>  the pointer to the well-commented code.  Here are a few things that
>  have escaped me (coincidentally, uncommented elements :):
>
>  o In PsdSelectionListDescriptor, what are "bsn" and "loop"?
I don't know for sure, but what I've come up to so far:

bsn -- base selection number (just a guess)
loop -- well, this one should control how often that item is looped,
before timing out... (just a guess too, based on observations)

>    I imagine "nos" is the 'number-of-selections' in the variable length
>     array at the end of the structure.  True?
again: guess so :)

>  o I presume the extra selections are for numeric menu items; is there
>     a limit to the number?  (99?)
mmmh... dont know for sure... I'd guessed 9, but it may be as well 99...

>  o The "prev", "next", and "return" offsets are for the corresponding
>     buttons.  What about "default"?
maybe for the case the user presses the 'enter' or 'play' button?
--> leading to a default action... :-/

>  o Is it the case that the PsdSelectionListDescriptorExtended section
>     is an extra part found only in "ext/psd_x.vcd"?  (And, since this
>     changes the sizes/offsets, it requires an associated "ext/lot_x.vcd"?)
that's what I assume, yes... but so far, I've only heard that it's used on
VCD2.0 discs...

with that feature, SVCDs would be similiar to DVDs... selecting by digit
is better than nothing, but the ability to define hot spots is even
better... :-)

> Have you written any code/notes for "vcdimager++" yet?  I can see how C++
>  objects would really help in coding stuff like menu lists.  Same with the
>  XML description.  (Oh, yeah, the web cvs browser gave a "500 Server Error"
>  when I tried to descend into 'vcdimager++'.)
...there are indeed some notes and code for the ++vcdimager =)

but's not in cvs since I'm still thinking about the directory structure in
cvs (moving around stuff in cvs is a really bad idea... better be sure to
do it right the first time...)

as to that 500 error... well I guess that web cvs script doesn't handle
the '++' part too well... guess I'll have to rename that directory... ;)

> (If this chit-chat is inappropriate (or just dull) for the the whole mailing
>  list, please tell me and I will just send it to hvr directly...)

if it get's more technically (or stays this way...), I'll suggest moving
the discussion to address@hidden, which basically is the more or
less official development list... :-)

greetings,
--
Herbert Valerio Riedel      /     Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key
GnuPG Key Fingerprint: 7BB9 2D6C D485 CE64 4748  5F65 4981 E064 883F 4142