help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] delay between tracks on an SVCD

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] delay between tracks on an SVCD
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 17:02:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Jorgensen, Jens wrote:

> I'm familiar with the SVCD standard and I'm guessing that in order to
> get no-delay transitions between tracks you need to use the Play
> Sequence Descriptor file (PSD.SVD). This is an optional file and is
> also the means for creating menus. This file is just a bit complicated
> and I don't think it's supported yet.

at the moment it's created for -t vcd2 and -t svcd,
but it's a very simple one, it basically consits of a play list per track,
with a hardcoded wait time of 5 secs...

btw, a solution I'm thinking of, is to create chapter entries, pointing
directly to the end of those blank lead in sectors, and having the play
list referencing that entry point as play item(s) with a wait time of 0
secs...

[...]
> As Herbert said before the definitions of the structures for the
> PSD.SVD and *all* other possible files are present in the source. I
> believe he extended a warm invitation to anyone wanting these features
> to go ahead and write up the code to support them. I'll also offer
> what assistance I can with respect to how the standard says things are
> supposed to be done.
yeah, the source is available... so just go ahead and hack around if need
some feature not supported yet... :)

with open source, the tools may not be as feature rich as proprietary
ones, but at least you can try to hack them in yourself... =)

btw, Matto Marjanovic sent already some PBC hack for menu creation (or
something like that) to the development list, I didn't have time to look
at it yet, but I'll do asap...

--
Herbert Valerio Riedel      /     Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key
GnuPG Key Fingerprint: 7BB9 2D6C D485 CE64 4748  5F65 4981 E064 883F 4142