help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] Convert JPEG Still to VCD

From: Shanker Balan
Subject: [VCDImager] Convert JPEG Still to VCD
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 11:54:36 +0530

Hello:

I have a lot of stills acquired from a digital camera (over 3gigs) which
i would like to convert to the VCD (PAL) format for playback on normal
VCD players.

I tried to make an MPEG stream using UCB's "mpeg_encode" which can
convert JPEGs to MPEG. However this had 2 problems:

1) There are no delays b/w each still (I later found that mentioning the
input file 24times will give me a delay of one sec per still)

2) VCDImager could not understand the MPEG stream produced using
"mpeg_encode"

$ vcdimager test.mpg
INFO: scanning mpeg track #0 for scanpoints...
**ERROR: mpeg scan: pack header code expected, but 0x000001b3 found
(buflen = 152)

So i had to drop this idea. After a similar post on the mjpeg users
list, i was told that it is possible to convert JPEGs to NUV, NUV ->
MPEG and MPEG -> DAT. I am currently pulling hair trying to figure mjpeg
tools. :(

If anyone has attempted converting JPEGs to VCD with delay (say 5
secs/still) and background audio into a Video CD, I would love to hear
from you.

Thank you for your time!

-- Shanu

--