help-vcdimager

RE: [VCDImager] Convert JPEG Still to VCD

From: Dejan Vesic
Subject: RE: [VCDImager] Convert JPEG Still to VCD
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 11:11:23 +0200

> If anyone has attempted converting JPEGs to VCD with delay (say 5
> secs/still) and background audio into a Video CD, I would love to hear
> from you.

        Try this (for Super VCD, better than VCD):

        - Download TMPGEnc (www.tmpgenc.com)
        - Load SuperVideoCD profile (button Load, then pick up SuperVideoCD
profile
from TMPGEnc's Template folder
        - Save it under another name (button Save)
        - Open newly saved profile in text editor.
        - Change settings for following parameters from True to False:
        1. MPEG.Video.DC_prec_ReadOnly
        2. MPEG.Video.FrameRate_ReadOnly
        3. MPEG.Video.GOP_SeqHeaderInterval_ReadOnly
        4. MPEG.Video.VideoFormat_ReadOnly

        Save the profile, open TMPGEnc and Load that profile.

        For Video Source select your JPG image. Be aware, that you need to
prepare
your image using your favorite image-editing software (I am using Gimp)

        - choose your target resolution depending on the video system: PAL (
704 x
576 ) or NTSC ( 704 x 480 )
        - Most TV sets can not display whole picture - I am using 676 x 507 for
PAL
resolution
        - after that, do resize picture: 91.6666 % width for PAL or 110% width
for
NTSC (read more on
http://www.vcdhelp.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=38352&forum=1&start=0)
        - finally, restore canvas size to 704x576 (PAL, 704, 480 NTSC) not
modifying prepared picture

        For audio source, pick up your wanted audio track.

        Click on Settings and adjust:

        - Video / Frame rate to 25 / 125 = 0.2 fps (internally 25 fps)
        - Video / DC component precision: 10 bits
        - Video / Rate control mode: CQ / 100 / Max: 2520000 bit / sec, Min: 0
bit
/ sec
        - Video / Motion Search precision: Normal
        - Advanced / Video source type / Non-Interlaced
        - Advanced / Source Aspect ratio: 1:1 VGA
        - GOP structure: click on I Picture Only button
        - GOP structure: uncheck Detect scene change

        Your clip will have length of the audio track with nice background
picture.

        After that, just use VCDimager to make SVCD image and burn it.

        Dejan

        P.S. Same algorithm can be applied to VCD, changing above resolutions
and
starting from VideoCD template.