help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] vcdxbuild error: unsupported doctype

From: Stealth Dave
Subject: [VCDImager] vcdxbuild error: unsupported doctype
Date: 27 Sep 2001 23:53:32 -0700

I'm getting an error with vcdxbuild that I've never seen before, on an
XML file that has produced successful SVCDs in the past.  Here's the
error:

unsupported doctype (pubid: (null), sysid: videocd.xml) encountered

In fact, I get that error no matter WHAT file I use, XML or not.  I also
get the error using the sample XML files available for download.  I'd
include the XML file, but I'm 99.9% sure that it's not the problem.  And
like I said, I get the same error with the sample XML files.  In fact, I
get the same error if the file doesn't exist.  Now that I think about
it, it doesn't seem to be even reading the XML file.  I'm using
VCDImager 0.7.10 on Mandrake 8.1.  Here's my command line:

vcdxbuild videocd.xml

Am I doing something wrong?  I know this file has worked in the past!
The documentation is no help on this, I'm afraid.  It doesn't even give
you a sample command line to compare to.  Any ideas on why vcdxbuild
isn't reading the XML files?

- Stealth Dave

P.S. - A quick note to the author: *PLEASE* include sample command lines
in your --help and online documentation!  You have no idea how many
times I've had problems using software that could have been avoided if
this had been included.  VCDImager is *certainly* not the only tool out
there with this problem, but it would greatly help out users unfamiliar
with the tools (or as in my case, who only uses the tools occassionally)
to have those sample command lines available.  Thanks!

--
David E. Still                                     phone:818.980.6909
address@hidden                 http://www.stilldesigning.com