help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] SVCD Sub

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] SVCD Sub
Date: 28 Nov 2001 09:39:15 +0100

On Wed, 2001-11-28 at 02:12, Jocke wrote:
> What is the status of submux ?
I'm not sure... afaik it's unmaintained since the original guy who coded
it lost interest... but maybe something has changed...?

> Has anything been changed, and are you/someone writeing a "new" version of it
> ?
not that I know of...

at the moment it's more of a proof of concept... since it has been
created by looking at hexdumps... when I get to it, I'll try to correct
some of the errors I've noticed...

anyway, IMHO this tool should be merged into some real mpeg multiplexer,
possibly mjpegtools' mplex;

maybe also the bbmpeg people might want to use it...

> And if you wanted players that "support" stuff, here are 2 SVCD players =):
:-)

> Philips AZ9899 OGT sub, NO CVD sub, supports everything else nicely
> Philips 302CD OGT sub, NO CVD sub (but supports CVD acording to manual),
> doesnt support discs without the PBC (created with newer vcdimager.exe).
so there are finally some philips devices which support them... :-)

--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: address@hidden       /    Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key