help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] Writing vcdimager .bin/.cue with a Pioneer DVD-AR03?

From: Oliver Wagner
Subject: [VCDImager] Writing vcdimager .bin/.cue with a Pioneer DVD-AR03?
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 00:54:13 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

this may or may not be related to vcdimager directly, not sure.

I've been using VCDImager for quite some time now with
a variety of burners (including a Ricoh MP-9060 and
an older Teac) with no problems.

Today, I've tried to write, for the first time, with my new Pioneer
DVD-AR03 writer -- to no avail. I've tried:

- cdrdao (forced to generic-mmc), yields a "unable to send
  cue sheet error"

- Fireburner produces a similar message

- InstantCopy (as shipped with drive) also fails,
  yielding an "INVALID FIELD IN PARAMETER LIST" error.

I've updated the Pioneer to firmware version 1.65, but this
had no effect on the problem.

Has someone else had a similiar effect? Is someone successfully
using the Pioneer writer with vcdimager output, and if so,
with which writing software?

I've included the two cuesheets I've tested with below, for
reference; they're created by vcdimager 0.7.11 via XML created
from VCDEasy 1.0.2, and are quite simply. Writing attempts were
made with two different brands of 80 minute CD-R blanks, and
both cuesheets were afterwards successfully written on a

Thanks!
Olli

=== cuesheet #1 ===

FILE "f:\lotr_cd1.bin" BINARY