help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] DVD authoring and burning

From: Jens B. Jorgensen
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] DVD authoring and burning
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:34:43 -0500

Supposedly there is a version of cdrdao or cdrecord out there that has the necessary code to burn DVD-R. However if you go to the cdrecord home page (http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdrecord.html) you find that the author is offering binaries but not source for cdrecord-ProDVD. Not sure why source is not available. Your second problem then is creating a DVD image. I can't comment on the availability of tools to generate DVD images. Check out the archives of the mjpeg-users list on sourceforge.net. There are people generating DVDs on that list. I'm not sure what software they are using.

Robin Cook wrote:

Are there tools for DVD authoring and burning available for Linux yet?

CuZnDragon
Robin Cook